Thursday, June 14, 2012

somebody that i used to know


now and then i think of when we were together
like when u said u felt so happy u could die
told my self that u were right for me
but felt so lonely in ur company
but that was love and it's an ache i still remember

u can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness
like resignation to the end, always the end
so when we found that we could not make sense
well u said that we would still be friends

but u didn't have to cut me off
make it like it never happened and we were nothing
and i dont even need ur love
but u treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
no u did'nt have to stop so low
have ur friends collect ur records and then change ur number
i guess i dont need that though
now u're just somebody that i used to know

now and then i think of all the times u screwed me over
but had me believing it was lways something that i'd done
but i dont wanna live that way 
reading into every word u say
u said that u could let it go
and i wouldn't catch u hung up on somebody that i used to know

No comments: